Thomas Kuhn may have supported Peter Duesberg!

 

From John Horgan:

As an example, I brought up AIDS. A few skeptics, notably virologist Peter Duesberg, were questioning whether the so-called human immunodeficiency virus, HIV, actually causes AIDS. These skeptics were either right or wrong, I said, not just right or wrong within the context of a particular social-cultural-linguistic context. Kuhn shook his head vigorously and said:

I would say there are too many grounds for slippage.  There’s a whole spectrum of viruses involved. There’s a whole spectrum of conditions of which AIDS is one or several or so forth...  I think when this all comes out you’ll say, Boy, I see why [Duesberg] believed that, and he was onto something. I’m not going to tell you he was right, or he was wrong. We don’t believe any of that anymore. But neither do we believe anymore what these guys who said it was the cause believe… The question as to what AIDS is as a clinical condition and what the disease entity is itself is not -- it is subject to adjustment.  And so forth.  When one learns to think differently about these things, if one does, the question of right and wrong will no longer seem to be the relevant question.



Thomas Kuhn and the Structure of the Abnormal Science of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and AIDS 


Popular Posts in the Last 7 Days

A Perplexity conversation about self-deceit, conspiracy, Arendt and AIDS

The Centers for Disease Control Announces it Will Continue Cover-up of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome's Relationship to HHV-6 and AIDS

Perplexity on multifactorialism and Peter Duesberg

HHV-6/7/8 Paradigm Shift!

Perplexity on the AIDS paradigm

Perplexity on Rebecca Culshaw Smith, David Ho, and "zombie science."

Perplexity names the AIDS Paradigm 20

Perplexity on AIDS paradigm shift in nosology and funding

We asked Perplexity A.I. to make the argument that Castleman's Disease undermines the nosology, epidemiology, and virology of AIDS.

Popular Post in the Last 30 Days

From Perplexity A.I.: A major nosological mistake in AIDS—meaning a fundamental error in how the disease is defined, classified, or diagnosed—could be the most consequential nosological error in history because of several deeply impactful social, scientific, and ethical consequences.

Perplexity on Rebecca Culshaw Smith, and PrEP as Genocide

A Perplexity conversation about self-deceit, conspiracy, Arendt and AIDS

The African Swine Fever Virus Rights of Man

International Cooperation Needed to Fight African Swine Fever

Groq on Hannah Arendt and science

Perplexity names the AIDS Paradigm 20

Popular Posts from the Last Year

Perplexity on Rebecca Culshaw Smith, and PrEP as Genocide

Why Brigitte Huber may be the most important AIDS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome researcher

From Perplexity A.I.: A major nosological mistake in AIDS—meaning a fundamental error in how the disease is defined, classified, or diagnosed—could be the most consequential nosological error in history because of several deeply impactful social, scientific, and ethical consequences.

Perplexity on the issue of endogenous versus exogenous retroviruses. Is this a key to the HIV mistake?

Oral Kaposi's Sarcoma looks like the Crimson Crescents in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients.

Perplexity on K.S. and AIDS and inflammation

All Time Most Popular Posts

Dr. Bhupesh Prusty and Professor Thomas Rudel discuss their HHV-6 research

Anthony Fauci was part of the gang that silenced and destroyed Judy Mikovits.

Was Judy Mikovits destroyed because her XMRV work would have ultimately shown HIV is a total fraud?

Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome the other AIDS epidemic in the gay community?